Great screen recorders aren’t always easy to come by, especially if you can’t install Cydia on your iPhone or iPad. Right now, we have few jailbreaks to choose from and most of the jailbreak community is unable to use Cydia. Until now that would have meant not being able to use screen recorders like iRec. Thankfully, the developers have brought iRec back, without needing a jailbreak, and it works on all devices. Find out more about iRec and its features by clicking the link and read on to find out how to download it.
Image : Download iRec Screen Recorder
How to Download iRec :
There are three ways to download iRec to your device:
Method 1: Safari Browser [ Easy Method ]
- Launch Safari browser on your device , the only browser this method works with
- Go to irecapp.net and wait while the page loads
- Look for the large UP arrow and tap it , top right on the iPad and bottom center on the iPhone screen
- This will launch a new page that has a few more options on it, choose and tap on Add to Home Screen
- Next, type iRec into the box to rename the app icon and then tap the Add button
- When you come out of Safari, you will see the iRec icon on your home screen, ready to use
Video: See how to download iRec on your device
Method 2 : Configuration Profile [ Advanced Method ]
This is a little bit trickier than the previous method so do make sure that you follow the steps properly:
- On your iPhone or iPad, open Safari browser and go to this [ link ]
- Wait for the page to load completely; this is an iRec information page so read it and then tap the link to Install Directly so that the configuration profile can be installed on your device
- Your iOS settings app will automatically open; tap on Install Profile
- Type your passcode in and Safari browser opens
- Tap Install iRec and then tap Install on the confirmation window
- Settings opens again, tap on Install > Next
- Tap Done and then wait for iRec to finish installing
- The iRec icon will be on your home page
If the icon is missing or iRec doesn’t work properly, you will need to repeat the steps as the installation has failed.
Method 3: Emu4iOS
The other way to download iRec onto your device is to install a third-party app installer called Emu4ioS. This is one the many app installers released since Cydia stopped being updated and is full of useful apps and tweaks. Once you install it on your device, open it and search for iRec; download it and enjoy.
- Download Emu4iOS [ ext link ]
iRec Not Working Fix :
Because iRec is not an official app, Apple will revoke the app certificate within a few days of you installing it. The only way that you can stop this happening and save yourself the hassle of having to keep reinstalling it is to install a VPN app called Anti Revoke [ext link]. This stops Apple from accessing the app certificate, so they can’t revoke it. Get a download guide and more information at the link.
iRec Alternatives :
iRec is already a feature-filled screen recorder but not everyone will like it or get on with it. There are alternative screen recorder apps so have a look at these:
- AirShou :
AirShou is another screen recorder that could only be found in Cydia at one point. Like iRec, it was removed after the developers failed to update it, but it has been released once more, this time without you needing to install Cydia first. This means anyone can use it and take advantage of features like Full HD Video Recording, high-quality audio, simple on-screen controls and much more besides. Find out how to download AirShou [ext link ] by clicking the link.
- CoolPixel :
CoolPixel is another great alternative and this one offers you much more. As well as recording your screen in 1080p at up to 60fps, and adding audio recording, you can also edit your video in-app. CoolPixel offers a great range of editing features – subtitles, dubbing, rich filters to make your video look like a movie and much more. You can import other videos or download more from BGM online. Find out more and get a CoolPixel download guide at the link.
Other Download Methods :
If you want to take advantage of the new screen recorder features that Apple has finally provided us with on iOS 11, get a guide on how to use them for video recording and taking screenshots at the link below.
- iOS Screen Recording [ ext link ]
Alternatively, if you want to use your Mac to record your iPhone or iPad screen, find out how to do it by reading the guide at the link below.
- Mac Screen Recording [ ext link ]
Screen Recording is growing in popularity, not surprising given the amount of time we spend on our devices these days. These apps offer some of the best options for recording your screen so let us know how you get on with them and follow us on Facebook for more tips and tricks.